Ask parents about the importance of school attendance in the early grades, and they can tell you why showing up every day matters. They can also share their very real challenges in getting children to school. Bringing Attendance Home, a video from Attendance Works, features parents talking to other parents about reducing absenteeism. Filmed in schools across the country, the video offers tips for parents and schools to improve student attendance. We also offer a version dubbed in Spanish. The video is perfect for a back-to-school night or parent summit. Download the video, and a guide and PowerPoint for leading discussions below.
- Download the video file from Vimeo: Click the download button option under the video to download in HD or SD (High Definition or Standard Definition)
- Video Discussion Guide: Use this guide to lead a discussion of the video
- Download a Spanish language version of the video from Vimeo: Click the download button option under the video to download in HD or SD (High Definition or Standard Definition). Also use this Spanish version of the discussion guide.
- Video Script in Spanish: Download the text of the script and have an interpreter read along with the video. You can use headsets for participants who need to hear the script in Spanish or mute the audio and read aloud to the entire group, taking care to make sure your words match what is on the screen.
- PowerPoint: Use this presentation to lead a discussion
- Bringing Attendance Home toolkit: View the full toolkit for ideas and interactive exercises
- Tweet This: Learn how parents can improve school attendance in this #video from @attendanceworks: http://bit.ly/1ssqx7v #schooleveryday