Efforts to improve attendance can benefit from an extra shift of adults mentoring at-risk students, knocking on doors and helping families get their children to school on time every day. Here are some resources to help you leverage volunteers and national service organizations, such as City Year and Experience Corps.
- Success Mentors
- City Year Near Peers
- “School Every Day!” Volunteer Initiative
- Together For Tomorrow School Improvement Challenge (Audio Call)
- Together For Tomorrow School Improvement Challenge (PDF)
- The Power of Volunteerism and National Service to Advance Student Success (Video), November 30, 2011
- New York City Interagency Task Force on Truancy, Chronic Absenteeism and School Engagement (Video), October 2011