This report from Attendance Works and Healthy Schools Campaign shows how disparities in school attendance rates starting as early as preschool and kindergarten are contributing to achievement gaps and high school dropout rates across the country. The report also highlights the connection between health and attendance and the power of states to tackle absenteeism by tapping key champions, leveraging data, and learning from places that have improved attendance despite challenging conditions.
- Download the full brief
- Download the executive summary
- See our state-by-state charts
- Read our in-depth state profiles
- Use our social media posts
- Listen to the webinar from September 9, 2015, which is posted in the archives.