While Attendance Works is a registered trademark, we want make it easy for appropriate use and distribution of our materials. Our philosophy is guided by the following principles described in more depth below.
- We encourage use and distribution of our materials
- We do not endorse commercial products
- We want to hear about and disseminate evidence-based practice.
Please see the sections below for more detail.
- We encourage use and distribution: Educators and community organizations working to reduce chronic absence can download our free materials and disseminate them without express permission from Attendance Works. If you wish to add your logo to the handouts, please use these instructions. The content can be reformatted and reused without changes to the wording, as long as credit is given to Attendance Works. That can include use of our logo and/or a line reading “used with permission of Attendance Works.” If organizations wish to alter the wording of these materials in any way from its original form, prior authorization via email is required. Attendance Works reserves the right to review any and all alterations before granting this authorization. If we are not comfortable with your alterations, we reserve the right to deny use of our name and logo. Questions regarding changes to materials may be directed to the Associate Director Cecelia Leong (Cecelia@attendanceworks.org) This permission does not extend to the materials of other organizations that allow us to link to their materials. Please contact those organizations directly.
- We do not endorse commercial products: Attendance Works is occasionally asked to endorse a commercial product that assists schools in monitoring and addressing absenteeism. As a policy, Attendance Works does not endorse commercial products or allow the use of its trademarked logo on their websites or materials. Commercial vendors can direct their clients to our free on-line data tools and handouts through links to our website, but cannot charge them for the use of these materials.
In keeping with this philosophy, our District and School Attendance Tracking Tools are specifically licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”) designed for software products. You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
Attendance Works is an independent not-for-profit organization. We do not post ads on our website.
- We want to hear about and disseminate evidence-based programs and practices. Consistent with our mission to advance attendance policy and practice, we include news and information on federal, state and local policy trends, research on chronic absence and spotlight effective practices. Our What Works section includes descriptions of programs that have proven records of success in improving attendance and student achievement. We appreciate hearing from users of our website about effective, evidence-based programs and practices. Please contact our Cecelia Leong, Associate Director, if you wish to share a resource that we do not have on our website.