Media Highlights on Iowa
- Iowa educators tackle chronic absenteeism among young students, Quad City Times, August 21, 2016
- How to Stop Students from Skipping School, Iowa Public Radio, August 16, 2016
- Research says chronically absent students are less likely to succeed academically, The Gazette, July 17, 2016
- Report Finds Correlation Between Chronic Absenteeism, Difficulty Reading, Education Week, May 6, 2016
- Link shown between chronic absenteeism and reading skills, The Daily Nonpareil, April 30, 2016
- Diplomas Now i3 Project: Early Monitoring Protects At-Risk Students, Storm Lake Pilot Tribune, April 28, 2016
The Iowa Campaign for Grade-Level Reading and the Iowa Council of Foundations created a Back-to-School Success guide for principals, the first phase in a broader toolkit for reducing chronic absences.