The 2015–16 Model School Attendance Review Board (SARB) Recognition Program, sponsored by the California Department of Education (CDE) in cooperation with the California Association of Supervisors of Child Welfare and Attendance (CASCWA),recognized 9 school district and county-level SARBS for efforts to improve attendance and reduce dropout rates.
This program identifies and recognizes school attendance improvement programs that review chronic absentee data at the district or county level—outstanding and innovative programs that will serve as models for other SARBs in the state. For more information on effective practices, see the 2015 SARB Handbook.
The model SARBs are:
- Covina-Valley Unified School District and Charter Oaks Unified School District (SARB 28), Chairpersons Jessica Houpt and Joe Mitchell, firstname.lastname@example.org, 626-974-7000.
- Kern High School District, Chairperson Bryan Campoy, email@example.com, 661-827-3177.
- Lawndale Elementary School District, Chairperson Jorge L. Arroyo, Jorge_arroyo@lawndalesd.net, 310-973-1300.
- Montebello Unified School District, Chairperson Jose Franco, Franco_Jose@montebello.k12.ca.us, 323-887-7900, ext.2418.
- Redondo Beach Unified School District, El Segundo Unified School District, Hermosa Beach City School District, and Manhattan Beach Unified School District, Chairperson Susannah Hall,firstname.lastname@example.org, 310-937-1236.
- San Bernardino City Unified School District, Chairperson Susann Hazen, email@example.com, 909-381-1100.
- Santa Paula Unified School District, Chairpersons Robin Gillette and Juan Garcia, firstname.lastname@example.org 805-525-4407, ext.9807.
- Sutter County Office of Education, Chairperson Grace Espindola, email@example.com, 530-822-2969.
- Val Verde Unified School District, Chairperson Dr. Gary Roughton, firstname.lastname@example.org, 951-940-6100, ext. 10468.
Awards will be presented to successful Model SARB Recognition Program applicants at the annual CASCWA State Conference in April 2016, in Garden Grove, California.