How do you plan on promoting Attendance Awareness Month? Learn about communication strategies and tactics to maximize your media outreach efforts and engage parents in your community. Our webinar presenters are from Attendance Works, America’s Promise Alliance, The Ad Council and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting .
This presentation covers how different strategies can be applied through The Ad Council’s Absences Add Up Campaign and CPB’s American Graduate initiative. We will also provide an overview of how to use different communications tools such as press releases and media advisories, as well as provide a brief Twitter/Facebook tutorial. Below are materials from the webinar, including the recording and PowerPoint presentation:
- Absences Add Up: Practical Tips for Communicating to Parents and the Media (Recording, August 7, 2013)*Special thanks to United Way Worldwide for hosting this webinar.
- Absences Add Up: Practical Tips for Communicating to Parents and the Media (PDF, August 7, 2013)
- Online toolkits: Count Us In! and Bringing Attendance Home
- Get on the map! Post your attendance awareness event.
- Read more about Attendance Awareness Month.
- Dzu Vien Bui, Campaign Director, The Ad Council
- Esther Berg, Vice President of Stakeholder Initiatives, America’s Promise Alliance
- Stephanie Aaronson, Vice President, American Graduate Initiative, Corporation for Public Broadcasting
- Kim Mullaney, Director, State and Local Education, WNET
- Hedy Chang, Director, Attendance Works